There is nothing that can replace the thrill of getting on your feet, forgetting yourself and moving your body to a rhythm of good music. It can be music that is playing or the music that is inside you and is convincing you to keep moving. You do not have to be a professional dancer for you to enjoy dancing. Take a leap and dance like nobody is watching.
Benefits of dancing
- It is a form of exercise: Dancing is a great way to stay in shape. The movements, especially in dances like Zumba and aerobics will help in improving cardiovascular health and reducing obesity.
- It is fun: Dancing is a way of entertainment both to the dancer and the people who are watching. To watch the body making coordinated or uncoordinated moves is entertaining. It explains why betting companies are including dancing to the list of the activities you can bet on. It is now possible to bet on dance shows using mobile betting and visiting real dancing competition.
- A way of socializing: Imagine the feel of being in the arms of your loved one as you sway to the beats of music. It explains why weddings have sessions for dancing.
Interesting Trivia About Dancing
- Most people know legendary singer Tupac Shakur as a rapper, but they do not know that he used to dance ballet. He was a member of the 127th Street assemble which is a theatre group, and his main activity was dancing ballet.
- In 1518, there was a dancing plague that was reported to have lasted about one month and killed several people. People would just start dancing uncontrollably until they fell down and died from exhaustion and heart attack. In one incident, there were so many people dancing at a bridge that it broke.
- Hindu religion emphasizes the closeness of God and dance, and it explains the many dance scenes in movies. The Hindu Culture meshes dancing into routine right from childhood.
- In 1988, there were 119,986 people who danced in the longest conga dance, and the record has never been broken.
- The Capoeira dance was introduced to the world by African slaves in Brazil. Having been banned from doing martial arts, they started a dance that incorporated fighting and it became popular.
- Most traditional African cultures believe in doing vigorous dances during funerals to appease the spirits and ‘escort’ the soul of the departed to the afterworld.
- The origin of breakdancing can be traced back to the 70s when African-American gangs developed it as a form of a less lethal form of dance. It was later popularized in the 90s by the same group.
- The tango dance is considered to be the most sensual dance in the world. It was first done in Argentina in the 1890s and quickly became popular among countries in Europe and then all over the world.
- When Waltz dance was first introduced, men and women dancers were not supposed to be close to each other. It was changed when Queen Victoria fell in love and normalized closed dancing.
- In the UK, there are more than 300,000 people who are employed in the dance industry either as trainers or entertainers.
- The first pointed shoes to be used in ballet was in 1832 by a Swedish dancer called Marie Taglioni.